Hi. I’m Kathryn.
I am a talented, fast-learning photographer and photo editor with more than 10 years experience. I am organized and efficient with the proven ability to build and run a successful team. I have management experience and a background in operational management. I excel in shooting, color correction, and photo manipulation.
For the past decade, I have run a successful portrait and event photography company. During that time, I have photographed hundreds of sessions and edited thousands of images.
I am based out of the Washington, D.C. metro area, but am always available for travel/contract work.
Owner/Operator—Bungalow Photography (2008–Present)
• Photograph weddings, portraits, and corporate events
• Cull and color-correct thousands of images for each event
• Coordinate client meetings, wedding day timelines, and events calendar
• Create weekly content for WordPress blog
• Manage social media channels to increase traffic and visibility to new markets
• Manage income and expenses to track profitability
• Manage SEO/Analytics of company website
Store Manager—Starbucks (2006-2009)
• Managed team of 15-20 partners to create a successful and enjoyable work environment
• Managed payroll, schedules, time sheets, inventory, and overall store budget
• Initiated sales incentives to increase productivity, storewide
• Worked with district manager and other store managers to ensure district’s success
• Facilitated community involvement in multiple local events and fundraisers
Shift Supervisor—Starbucks (2004-2006)
• Responsible for shift operations, including inventory and staff management
• Facilitated financial withdrawls and deposits
• Provided superior customer service in fast-paced, high-energy environment
• Obtained Coffee Master certification (2006)
Management Intern—Barnes & Noble (2006)
• Created new inventory database for textbook sales
• Increased efficiency and reduced wait time at POS through workflow optimization
• Tracked warehouse shipments
• Aided in inventory management